Children's music workshop dedicates a page on their site to the importance of music and how it affects our brains and overall health. According to the article, music can have the following affects on those who listen.
1. A clear impact on making the listener happy.
2. Proof that it enhances a runners performance when they listen to music during their runs.
3. Reduces stress by decreasing the amount of cortisol in the body.
4. Improves quality of sleep which aids in reducing depression.
5. Relaxes patients before and after surgery.